Retargeting efforts, known to some online advertising as "remarketing" strategies, can be one of the most potent and effective tools in your arsenal when it comes to continuously attracting and retaining customers.
In general, the process of retargeting means placing a small amount of code on your website, which watches visitors on your behalf. In other words, when a new visitor approaches your website, the small piece of code will leave a cookie on their browser that allows you to continue sharing advertisements with those users - even as they leave your website and travel to other locations on the web. Instead of having to track down your audience and remind them of the valuable products and services you have to offer, your retargeting solution can do the hard work for you, allowing you to focus exclusively on creating effective ads for whatever you have to offer.
Statistics suggest that only around 2% of first-time visitors to your website will convert, and retargeting is a powerful tool because it allows you to focus your attention on the other 98%. These are the would-be customers who have already been exposed to your brand, but didn't convert for whatever reason. Following, we'll discuss some of the retargeting strategies you can't afford to ignore, if you want to make the most out of your conversions.