Advertise Online Today.
When you create or update a campaign, you are provided with a number of geographic targeting options under the Geography's tab. Learn more about each of these options in the sections below.
To set or edit the geo-targeting for a campaign please follow the below steps:
- To view current campaign details either click on the name of the advertiser or click the "View Campaigns" button next to the desired advertiser. This will bring you to your current list of campaigns for the current advertiser.
- To view details of a specific campaign you then can either click on the name of the desired campaign or click the "View/Edit Campaign" button.
- Click on the Geography tab.
- You can edit several different geographi targetin options, including County, State/Region, Demographic Market Area, City and Zip Code.
- Country: Currently the only country option availabe is "United States" only.
- State/Region: State/Region is a more granular target than Country. Generally speaking, state/regions are based upon whatever method the country in question uses to divide itself into parts. For example, state/regions within the United States are states. Canada is divided into its provinces, and India is divided into its states and union territories.
- Demographic Market Area: Demographic market areas (DMAs) are smaller than state/regions; DMAs are only available for U.S. inventory. Available DMAs range from large cities such as New York, NY and Chicago, IL, to smaller cities such as Rochester, NY, Birmingham, AL, and Pittsburgh, PA.
- City: A City is different than a Demographic Market Area. It may be larger or smaller, depending upon your selection. Unlike DMAs, cities are not limited to US inventory. Cities from all around the world are represented, ranging from Tel Aviv, Israel to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Zip Code: Unlike the other settings listed here, targeting by Zip Code is include-only. Exclude certain zip codes by entering only those you want to target. Like DMAs, zip codes only apply to US inventory. You may paste up to 4000 zip codes into the text area.
- After you make your geographic selections you can either click the "Cancel" button to cancel the selections and go back to the Geography tab or click the "Save & Return" button, which will save your geographic selections and return you back to the Geography tab.
- After you have made your geographic selections and are ready to move off the Geography tab you can either click the "Prev" button to go back to the previous step in the campaign build, which would be the "Frequency" tab, or you can click the "Next" button that will save the content you added and move you to the next step in the campaign build, which is the "Demographic" tab.