Advertise Online Today.
The primary goal of frequency targeting is to prevent user "ad burnout" from seeing the same creative too often. Frequency is how often a user views a creative, (e.g. three times a day or twice an hour) and a frequency cap sets a limit of impressions per user per day. You can also limit impressions per user over the lifetime of the campaign or 1 impression per user per X minutes, X hours or X days.
To set or edit a frequency cap for a campaign please follow the below steps:
- To view current campaign details either click on the name of the advertiser or click the "View Campaigns" button next to the desired advertiser. This will bring you to your current list of campaigns for the current advertiser.
- To view details of a specific campaign you then can either click on the name of the desired campaign or click the "View/Edit Campaign" button.
- Click on the frequency tab.
- Click the check box next to "Apply frequency targeting"
- You have three frequency options to select. You can set frequency peruser over the lifetime of the campaign, by X impressions per user per day or by 1 impressions per user per X minutes, X hours or X days.
- You can either click the "Prev" button to go back to the previous step in the campaign build, which would be the "Inventory" tab, or you can click the "Save" button that will save the content on the current frequency page or click the "Save & Next" button that will save the content you added to the frequency page and move you to the next step in the campaign build, which is the "Geography" tab.