ExactDrive Advertising News

The One Campaign Setting That Guarantees Retargeting Failure

Posted by Tim Nichols

Aug 5, 2015 9:00:00 AM

Are you aware that about 90-98% of all website visitors don't convert? Getting a slew of traffic to visit your site and check out your services is a great thing - but it doesn't do much if none of that traffic generates sales. Retargeting is a marketing technique that can help you stay connected to bounced traffic, recreating chances for you to turn visitors into customers. With the complex customer journeys and long sales cycles that exist today, creating numerous touch points with your prospects is essential to maximizing your ROI.

Retargeting has been a hot topic in the World of advertising and marketing for the last couple of years. As a solution that enables brands and companies to interact with individuals who have already shown interest in their websites, retargeting goes beyond PPC and traditional online advertising by taking customer involvement to a new level. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that retargeting is a guaranteed method for success. In fact, a lot of companies learn that failing to retarget correctly can leave them with complete campaign failure.

Read More >

Topics: retargeting, Advertising Strategy, Conversions, Engagement Retargeting

7 Things About Retargeting That Your Boss Wants To Know

Posted by Eric Greener

Apr 24, 2015 9:00:00 AM

Retargeting is huge. We’re all online day and night, and we’re talking about simple technology that allows a brand to follow us online, even when we leave their website. How about that for power?

However, while the technology may be simple, retargeting can be risky due to its in-your-face approach to online advertising. No one wants their brand to stalk their customers. That would just be weird. So before you can prepare to boost your bottom line, here are 7 things about retargeting that you need to know before deciding whether to invest.

1. Retargeting can increase conversion rates by as much as 147%. There’s no doubt about it, if you want to sell more products and services, retargeting works.

Read More >

Topics: retargeting, retargeting platforms, Engagement Retargeting

Doing Retargeting the Right Way Via ClickZ

Posted by Tim Nichols

Apr 10, 2015 9:00:00 AM

Retargeting can be an effective way to increase conversions among online customers, but many marketers aren't using the strategy to its full potential.

Many of us are shadowed around the Web by our favorite (or not-so-favorite) companies. You’ll be flicking through your friend’s Facebook photos, and an ad will pop up for the dress you were checking out the other day. This isn’t coincidental – it’s retargeting in action.

Retargeting is a hot topic in the online advertising space, as it gives marketers a chance to get their product in front of indecisive customers, or "window shoppers," with attractive, tailored ads that relate to an experience they had previously on your site. Basically, you get another chance to close the deal.

Despite the fact that retargeting has become an established part of the digital marketing lexicon, many marketers are still unfamiliar with what it is and how it should be used. So let’s look at how to do retargeting "right."

Read More >

Topics: retargeting, retargeting platforms, Engagement Retargeting, Dynamic Ads, Dynamic Retargeting

Why We Love Retargeting (and you should, too!)

Posted by Tim Nichols

Mar 10, 2015 8:00:00 AM

If you could keep your brand in front of prospects long after they’ve visited your website, wouldn’t you jump at the chance? Oh course you would. Ad retargeting gives you that opportunity—anywhere your prospects travel online, and it has proven to be an effective way to entice digital window shoppers back toa website.

So what is retargeting?

To put it simply, ad retargeting serves display advertisements to Web users after they have left an advertiser’s website. For instance, you’re on bestbuy.com looking at laptops. You leave the site and visit another website and are shown a display ad for bestbuy.com. That is retargeting in action.

The idea is that a user who initially visits your website is a warm lead, and is likely to make a purchase. An effective retargeted ad will hopefully get that user back, and convince him or her to make a purchase.

Read More >

Topics: Online Advertising, Dynamic Display Ads, retargeting, remarketing, retargeting platforms, Engagement Retargeting

4 Myths You Should Ignore About Retargeting

Posted by Eric Greener

Feb 25, 2015 8:00:00 AM

Retargeting is a highly effective online advertising technique that directs your ads to people who have previously expressed an interest in your product or service by visiting your website. It allows you to remind them how great your product or service is, and why they should choose your brand.

Despite the fact that retargeting has become an integral digital advertising tool, many misconceptions still exist about it.

Here are 4common retargeting myths, and why you can ignore them:

Myth #1: Retargeting is only for Retail

There is a common misconception that retargeting is exclusively for retail businesses. While it’s true that e-commerce businesses make the most use of retargeting, it can provide significant benefits to businesses in all sectors.

If you are directing traffic to a lead capture form or landing page, retargeting can help keep your brand at the front of user’s minds while they are in the evaluation process. This is especially helpful in a B2B context because the sales cycles tend to be longer than in B2C transactions. Serving retargeted ads, such as static banner ads or dynamic display ads, will keep your company ahead of the competition, and nurture leads through the funnel.

Read More >

Topics: Online Advertising, retargeting, Advertising Strategy, Digital Advertising, retargeting platforms, Engagement Retargeting

4 Tips To Supercharge Your Retargeting Campaign

Posted by Tim Nichols

Dec 29, 2014 8:00:00 AM

Getting new traffic to your site is one thing, but creating customers out of that traffic is an entirely different proposition. As little as 2% of visitors to a website will actually become customers or take some sort of action towards a purchase, so how can advertising entice the remaining 98% to become customers? With retargeting that's how.

What is retargeting?

Retargeting is a cookie-based technology that uses a small snippet of code to 'follow' your audience around the Web. Here's how it works: a small piece of code is placed on your website. The code is unnoticeable and won’t affect your site’s performance. Every time a new visitor comes to your site, the code drops a browser cookie. Later, when your cookied visitors browse the Web, the cookie will let your retargeting provider know to serve ads, ensuring that they are served only to people who have previously visited your site.

Read More >

Topics: retargeting, remarketing, retargeting platforms, Call To Action, Conversions, Engagement Retargeting

Three Critical Retargeting Strategies

Posted by Tim Nichols

Oct 28, 2014 8:00:00 AM

Depending on whom you ask, conversion rates on websites hover around the 2 - 3% mark. This leaves at least 97% of website visitors with unfinished business potential. While your maximum unrealized potential isn't likely to be 97%, it's not 0% either. Somewhere between these two extremes lies the size of the missed opportunity - and this is where retargeting comes in.

Retargeting is a tool designed to help companies reach that elusive 97% of users who don’t convert right away.These visitors abandon the sales funnel for many reasons;they mayjust be window shopping, or not have their credit card on hand; but in the highly competitive world of online advertising, it is more important than ever to maximize the value of each visitor that shows an interest in your brand.

What is retargeting?

Retargeting is an advertising strategy in which marketers attempt to 're-attract' previous website visitors by serving them with highly-targeted ad campaigns and personalized advertisements.

Read More >

Topics: Banner Ads, Dynamic Display Ads, retargeting, Search Retargeting, retargeting platforms, Engagement Retargeting, Email Retargeting

Our self-serve advertising platform with managed services provides a leading solution for advertising your brand online.

Test Drive It

Receive Updates

Posts by Topic

View All >